So this blog is obviously about the reading list my mom left behind, and I’ve really enjoyed making my way through it. As I read the books, I can’t help but try and guess what my mom would have thought of them. Still, as much as I’ve liked tackling my mom’s reading list, it hasn’t stopped me from creating my own. I just have a lot less time to get to it.
Nevertheless, here is my current to-be read list:
- One Day by David Nicholls
- The Tower, The Zoo and the Tortoise by Julia Stuart
- A Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
- Mr. Peanut by Adam Ross
- Atmospheric Disturbances by Rivka Galchen
- A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
- Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan
This list is a mixture of recommendations, mentions by book bloggers I follow and random “That looks good!”s that I’ve come across. When I’ll fit them all in, I’m not sure. But the books aren’t going anywhere, so I’ve got time. Which is good because I’m going to need a lot of time for Freedom… it’s pretty massive!